About the festival
Each year, Big Teeth hosts a 60-second film fest at the studio as part of the Ravenswood Art Walk. Each film is based off a famous piece of artwork chosen at random by the director(s), consisting of Big Teeth employees and friends. Last year's film fest drew more than 600 people to the studio to cast their vote for their favorite film to forever send a lucky few into eternal Big Teeth glory.
This year's fest will run all day on September 16th - 17th at the Big Teeth studio every 20 minutes. Free popcorn and beer provided by Begyle Brewing Company.
Meet This year's filmmakers
the 2016 films
1. "A Diary of Fear - Chapter 1" by Patrick Lewtschanyn. Inspired by Warhol's Campbell’s Soup Cans. WINNER Best Picture & Best Cinematography.
2. "The Davids of Dating" by Elise Jaffe. Inspired by Michelangelo's David. WINNER best female performance Meg Grunewald
3. "Revolution Go" by Mike Trivisonno. Inspired by Delacroix’s Liberty Leading the People. WINNER best male performance Bill Arnold III
4. "It Ain’t Baroque" by Gregg Jaffe. Inspired by Rembrandt's The Night Watch
5. "Lilli" by Amber Greeson. Inspired by Monet's Water Lilies
6. "Girl Without The Pearl Earring" by Jackie Avellar & Julie Schultz. Inspired by Johannes Vermeer's Girl With the Pearl Earring.
7. "Can’t Look Away" by Danny McCarthy. Inspired by Pollock's Number 5, 1948
the 2015 films
1. "6 Corners" by Elise Jaffe. Inspired by Caillebotte's Paris Street, Rainy Day. WINNER Best Picture.
2. "Nature vs. Nurture" by Mike Trivisonno. Inspired by Seurrat's A Sunday Aerternoon on the Island of La Grande. WINNER best Cinematography.
3. "Shifted" by Danny McCarthy. Inspired by Manet's A Bar at the Folies-Bergere. WINNER best performance Ashlyn Hughes
4. "On Wednesdays, We Wear Pink" by Meg Grunewald. Inspired by Degas' Dancers in Pink.
5. "Sports Imitating Art" by Julie Schultz. Inspired by Da Vinci's The Mona Lisa.
6. "Nightcat" by Amber Greeson. Inspired by Hopper's Nighthawks.
7. "Blue Period" by Gregg Jaffe. Inspired by Picasso's The Old Guitarist.